Matador Network is looking for a writer with solid and up-to-date knowledge of the Maldives’ tourist offerings.
Applicants need to have first-hand, recent, and comprehensive experience of the Maldives to write a round-up of the most peaceful and scenic resorts in the country.
The writer will need to explain in details (among other ideas):
- The exact location of the resort. Is it right by the ocean? Is it very close to another resort or is it remote, surrounded by lush greenery, etc?
- The amenities that differentiate it from other resorts in the archipelago. Wildlife tours? Spa?
- The price range for a stay in the resort
- Descriptions of the views (a variety of views is needed)
- Send a brief outline of the piece you’d like to write. Make sure to include all the resorts you would like to include.
- Please share with us any URLs of past published work.
- Before pitching, please read Matador's Contributor Guide thoroughly.
Here are some examples of recently published accommodation-focused stories that we recommend you consult for format, voice, and content:
- The 25 most spectacular hotels in the world: 2020
- Stay overnight in these gorgeous lockhouses along Maryland’s historic C&O Canal
Please send your applications through the portal. Good luck!