Since launching MatadorU back in 2009, we’ve grown from a single online writing program into an entire ecosystem for travel journalism. Today MatadorU is made up of thousands of writers, photographers, filmmakers, travelers, and entrepreneurs led by a full time staff of educators and editors – all working together as one massive talent pool for publications and brands throughout the travel media industry.
And so we’re very excited to announce the biggest changes since our launch. On November 17, 2014 we’ll be releasing the next generation of MatadorU:
4 New Programs:
- Fundamentals of Travel Writing
- Advanced Travel Writing
- Fundamentals of Travel Photography
- Advanced Travel Photography
These new courses include:
- Increased faculty feedback and one-on-one mentoring around editorial projects / publishing opportunities
- 150,000 words of new material, images, videos and diagrams
- Dozens of new writing examples, sample pitches / queries, and photography lessons from award-winning authors, journalists, editors, and photographers
- All new cumulative system of exercises and assignments
- All new course layout and responsive interface to effortlessly navigate the programs whether on desktop or mobile device
Some important points to note:
- In response to student requests, all students in the new writing and photography courses will receive feedback on every assignment going forward.
- After never raising prices since MatadorU began in 2009, we are raising the tuition to $475 per course (multi-course discounts are in effect). This change reflects the ongoing evolution of the MatadorU customized learning platform, the improved course curriculum, the increased faculty interaction (assignment feedback, working one-on-one with students), and general cost increases incurred over five years of operation. Until December 1, 2014 we are offering our courses at the old price of $325. Enroll before midnight PST on November 30 to get $150 off!
- Either program (Fundamentals or Advanced) covers everything the current writing / photography programs cover + much more in depth lessons, examples, and exercises / assignments.
- Current students have the option to upgrade to the Fundamentals course for free.
- All students enrolling after launch date will go into the new programs; please note that the current program will no longer be available.
This evolution represents more than a year’s worth of curricula writing, platform development, and close evaluation of what students and faculty have asked for. We can’t wait to share this new experience with you!
For more information on the new courses, how to choose which one is best for you, and to enroll, visit us at MatadorU.com. You can sign up for a FREE PREVIEW in which you’ll have read access to our dynamic platform and preview the detailed course outlines.