Forums General GENERAL What are your 2020 travel resolutions?

What are your 2020 travel resolutions?

My 2020 travel resolution is to go to more countries that have a culture drastically different from mine. I’m living in Europe and would like to experience more of Asia such as Japan and South Korea. The first time I visited Bali, Indonesia in 2016, I had a crazy cultural shock for a week that ended up being a great learning experience.

What are you guys trying to do differently in your travels this year?
Is there something that you love doing on the road that you plan to continue with?

View Profile 2020-01-03 10:20:58 PST

Would love to  explore South America. I have been travelling around Asia and Europe for a while and now I feel the urge to cross South Atlantic Ocean: Peru. Argentina, Chile and Ecuador are top priority.

View Profile 2020-01-04 11:24:46 PST

My travel resolutions are local to my residential country of Tanzania.
I want to climb Mount Meru! I have been dreaming of this for years, and this is going to be the year!

My husband and I are planning on taking our children on a vacation to the coast of Tanzania; camping or staying in a beach bungalow near Pangani. If will be the girls’ first time seeing the Indian Ocean, and we plan to eat seafood every.single.day.

Away from Tanzania, I am hoping to visit my family in America. It’s been several years since I have seen my father and siblings and I miss them. While, in the future I want to take my kids to California and see the giant redwoods, or sign them up for typical American Summer Camp; that will not be this year. This year is strictly visiting family and staying in their small, Midwest town. While it might not be exciting, it will be one hundred percent good and worthwhile to spend with my family.
I will eat all my favorite childhood foods and ride my brother’s horse. I also anticipate experiencing ‘reverse culture shock’ the moment I step into a Walmart or other large supermarket, and I am debating whether or not shopping at a mall would be a terrible or really fun activity.

Happy 2020!

View Profile 2020-01-04 11:25:24 PST