New look at MatadorU!
Hi everyone…I’m really excited to announce some changes here at MatadorU! We’re always working towards making things as simple as possible and we think we’ve made some big leaps with these changes in that regard. Below I’ll outline some of the changes you’ll notice. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to leave here or use the Support tab to the left of the screen to contact our Student Advisor.
1. Navigation – No more multiple clicks to get to different areas of the U. The new navigation bar at the top takes you directly where you want to go.
2. Courses page – The old “carousel” is now gone, replaced by an easier to navigate left-hand menu. When you now go to Courses you will see all the courses and Pro Modules you have access to on the lefthand side, where you can navigate directly to different chapters of the courses. You can also quickly view the progress for each chapter when you expand the course.
3. Profiles – The profile pages have been updated to more easily showcase the work you’ve done at MatadorU and also elsewhere on the web (you’ll now see Student Work and Published Work). Got published somewhere? Add it to your profile by clicking your name in the top right and then clicking Add Content.
4. Forums – We’ve simplified the Forums. Creating new threads and finding topics has never been easier.
5. Responsive design – Check the U out on your tablet or smartphone. You should find a much more mobile-friendly site.
Those are the most major changes besides some aesthetic tweaks. Would love to hear your feedback!
I love it as well! The only thing I noticed is the missing open/closed note for the Labs in the navigation bar, it was instantaneous – but nothing really important.
I don’t own a smarphone or a tablet so I don’t know for those, but on my Imac everything looks nice 🙂
I’ve used the mobile version a lot to keep an eye on MatU activity while on the road. Now it’s much easier to navigate, without zooming in and out every two seconds. Big like 🙂
Only one thing that wasn’t that intuitive – when in the Showcase or Labs sections, I tapped on a the thumbnail and I expected to see the content of the assignment/lab. Instead, the information about the author appeared (picture, name, location). I was a little bit disoriented and thought it is a mobile bug. By chance, I tapped a second time and finally got the desired content. But this is just a detail.
Overall, an improved experience that makes me really happy 😀